Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A Slice of Exercise


Exercise - Love it or hate it!  But if you listen to the experts, it is a key part of living a healthy life.
During the past five years, I joined a gym and began to see that there are a number of classes offered, many about which I had no knowledge and had never attempted to do.  Gradually through the years and with my gym membership, I have enjoyed a variety of fun and interesting physical activities.  I believe that my overall fitness has improved because of giving new classes and different activities a try.

Through this blog, I want to share with you my various exercise choices, the pros and cons for me, and to try new activities. Maybe this is an opportunity for some of you to learn about exercises that you have not heard about, but that might appeal to you. By the way, I am not an exercise physiologist - I am just someone who has found benefits from exercise, and want to share my experiences.

For me, this will be a new adventure.  I want to try going to every class at my gym at least one time. Not only will I provide information to you but I might also find new physical activities that I want to include in my own regimen.

To add a little fun to the to the pain of exercising, I want to also include pie making in this blog. I received a cook book last year for my birthday entitled "Four and Twenty Blackbirds".  This book, written by sisters Emily and Melissa Elsen, contains the recipes for most of the pies that they make in their Brooklyn shop of the same name.  The pies I have tried thus far have been delicious, but I want to go through the cook book and make every one.  Reviews of their tastiness will be based on the experience of my family, friends, and myself after consumption.

So there you have it - exercise and pies.  Just think of the work and then the reward!!









No comments:

Post a Comment