Saturday, November 25, 2017

Walking the Bridge to St. Armand's Circle


One walking activity that I try to do every time that I am in Sarasota is to walk from Marina Jacks in Sarasota to St. Armands Circle. Marina Jacks is a seafood restaurant that has amazing water views and does boat cruises. St. Armands is the lovely downtown of St. Armands Key. A bridge goes from Sarastota to St Armands Circle, and there is a walking/biking lane on the bridge. The round trip is about 5 miles, which I think is the perfect distance for a fitness walk. So Rich and I decided to do one of my favorite walks on a beautiful day last week.



As soon as we got on the bridge, I realized why I appreciate this walk so much. The views are truly spectacular in every direction. Interesting condos and hotels are everywhere in Sarasota, and the unique mansions on Lido Key can be seen in the distance.The deep blue water is mesmerizing, so that one does not pay so much attention to the noisy traffic on the bridge!


St. Armands Circle is a bustling little area with colorful, interesting restaurants and shops. Our destination was none other than Starbucks, where we had a bold flavored iced coffee with breakfast bacon sandwiches. From there, we strolled around St. Armands, going into some of our favorite shops from years past. One is a gift and garden art shop, with unique artsy items. You know you are near the beach when you look around the shop! Many cards and trinkets have a tropical flavor.





My favorite shop is called Binjara Traders. This shop has a nice selection of jewelry and clothing. But what fascinates me is the selection of Buddhas that they display. I collect Buddhas for my house and garden, and have bought several nice ones from here. This time I ended up buying a pair of earrings.



There are other interesting shops as we took our time looking into the colorful windows. St. Armands understandably attracts many tourists. This place is always bustling!



We walked back with a breezy wind in our faces. Rich turned his hat backwards to keep his hat from blowing away. I turned mine backwards so that I could try to look cool. Rich said that the cool look definitely did not happen! Oh well, it was still a great walk on a picture perfect day!















No comments:

Post a Comment