Saturday, January 23, 2016

A Day for Pie Lovers: National Pie Day

Well, I will admit that National Pie Day slipped up on me. Being such a fanatic about pies, I am ashamed of myself! I will actually be making a pie later on today, but had not planned one specifically for this special day. During the past year, I have made and blogged about many pies. Most of these were from the Four and Twenty Blackbirds Pie Book, by Emily and Melissa Elsen, who own a pie shop by the same name in Brooklyn. Some are pies in which I combined several online recipes. And recently, I have started making pies by the owner of another pie shop in Brooklyn and author of a pie book by the same name, First Prize Pies by Allison Kaye. I decided that I should go back over the past year and list all of the pies that I have made.

List of I pies made in 2015:
Strawberry Balsamic
Lavender Honey Custard
Lizzie's Lemon Sour Cream
Derby Pie
Lavender Blueberry
Peach
Blueberry Lavender
Salted Caramel Apple
Bourbon Pear Crumble
Pear Anise
Brown Butter Pumpkin
Rosemary Honey Shoofly
Buttered Rum Cream
Black Bottom Oatmeal
Cranberry Sage
Junipear
Malted Chocolate Pecan
Salt Pork Apple
Grapefruit Custard
Lemon Chess
Black Bottom Lemon
Maple Lime Custard
Green Chili Chocolate
Old Fashioned Chocolate
Key Lime
Butterscotch Cream
Samantha Bee's Salty Caramel
Old Fashioned Strawberry Pie

After all is said and done, pies are still by far my favorite dessert. My goal is to keep making them until I am tired of them. (which will be never). So on this National Pie Day, I encourage you to eat a piece of pie, and then exercise tomorrow!





No comments:

Post a Comment