Sunday, May 22, 2016

The Beauty of Italy

Last month, I had the time of my life with my husband and friends in Tuscany and Cinque Terre Italy. There were so many great things about this trip that I have had difficulty thinking of a way to bring them to life through my blog. So I decided to to show pictures of what was probably my favorite thing about Italy: the scenery. Never have I traveled anywhere that I was constantly surrounded by a beautiful countryside!







We stayed  in Chiesanouva, a little town about 8 miles from Florence, Italy. Our home away from home was a villa there that was on a beautiful farm and winery. Each morning we woke up to beautiful mountains, olive trees, grapevines, and wildflowers. Daily walks revealed more lovely surprises, including walking trails that looked similar to the Blue Ridge Mountains! As we traveled to other towns, including San Gimignano, Siena, and Lucca, we continued to be awed by the spectacular landscapes.







Our last leg of the trip was traveling to the coast of Italy, in Cinque Terre. We stayed in Monterosso, one of the five towns in Cinque Terre. The coastal views were stunning! We traveled and hiked to other towns in Cinque Terre, and the views were equally awesome.





So the point of my blog today is that a picture is worth a thousand words! There will be more of Italy to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment